View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 07:32 PM
fleurdelisquilts.com

Originally Posted by Charlee
WOOHOO!! Thanks so much for the offer!! :)

I have a Kenmore that the feeddogs don't work properly on...they move and "cycle", but they don't drop below the plate, so that all they do is move the fabric back and forth with no progression. I've downloaded a service manual for it, torn into it, and checked for a lint buildup under the dogs...nothing. I've adjusted the height of the dogs to it's lowest point...nothing.

Any other suggestions? It was my mom's machine, I'd love to be able to use it!
Richard says the collar is probably hung up or stuck, so the feeddogs can't work properly. Try this: open the machine so you can see the inside, turn the handwheel by hand in sewing direction and watch the feeddogs, when they get to the farthest back position, roll just a hair more so you can see when the dogs should begin to move down. Clean and oil (lots of oil) and move the hand wheel back and forth just a little to work the oil onto the collar. Re-oil and work the hand wheel again, and keep this up until the collar starts to move and the dogs roll down and around. It takes time and patience to loosen the dogs and collar but it should eventually work.