View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 11:06 PM
sabrinaquilts

When I was looking into buying a new machine my friends all wanted me to get a top of the line with embroidery. I didn't want to because I was thinking that it is almost like owning a camera. In two years it becomes outdated. The sales staff will tell you that you can update the software and etc. But I never thought about the space being outdated. If it really bothers you maybe you can e-mail or call Bernina or visit a good dealer about ways to work around your limited space to embroider the desired size you want. I bet this is not the first time this question has come up. I have heard that sometimes when a complaint has been brought up by many customers Bernina would work on a solution for them. You will have to find a dealer you can trust and not one that will tell you your only solution is to buy another more expensive machine. I bought the Bernina 8 Series 820 and not the embroidery 830. I am planning on it being my last home sewing machine. I might buy a Quilter's Edition in the future for going to classes and quilting bees but I will wait until my New Home or my Babylock goes to the grave.