Old 06-20-2010, 02:55 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh gosh...how hard did you have to fiddle with that orange to get those little stars in the center of the center row of diamonds Rachel??? :shock: Those look great and I'm with Elle....my hat if off and I'm bowing down to all of you doing 2 Janes at once....you are either very brave or...well... :lol: :roll:
Thanks Pat! It actually wasn't too too hard to get the stars centered like that. With the way I paper piece, it's actually pretty simple to fussy cut and center because your paper is folded back. If you have never seen this before, it's actually the same method the girl that makes the 'That Quilt' blog uses:

http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21

I adore pping this way because I never ever get an angle wrong, and I have very little fabric waste because I do not have to cut my pieces too big. This is because the next piece you are sewing is actually folded back, so you can easily line everything up, whereas with regular pp, you kind of put the pieces of fabric down with a wing and a prayer and hope you have the angle and centering right. LOL Maybe I'll make up my own tute one of these days too. But if you have never tried it, you should give it a shot for one of your blocks. Oh if you give it a try, I don't bother pre-scoring the lines and I have never had trouble with folding back, saves a lot of time that way.

And as far as doing two at once, I certainly am not brave, so I must be the other thing .... hehehe :lol: :lol:

Cheers!
Rachel