Thread: FYI - Walmart
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 05:05 AM
hawghugger

I emailed Wal-Mart's headquarters (customer service will give you their email address) a few months back and let them know what I thought about them removing the fabric out of our store. Mind you, I live in a small town, Wal-Mart is the only store in town (and they act that way, too) and the closest fabric store is 20 miles away. Anyway, I got a reply from the manager that oversee's that department, fabric/crafts. In a nut shell, she told me that the fabric and quilting was a thing of the past, a dying art, so to speak, and the trend is moving towards family celebrations. Therefore, the fabric will be removed from all the stores within two years and the craft/celebration dept will their replacement.
I wrote her back and let her know that she did not know what she was talking about regarding the dying art of quilting. If she did her research, she would know that quilting is MORE popular now that it ever was. I also informed her that I would NOT be shopping or using anything out of their NEW family celebration department. My last words in my email to her was: It's a real shame that Wal-Mart is more concerned with bottom line profits, than giving their customers what they want.
I am not sure it more emails/letters to them would do any good, but, I sure felt better when I hit the send button.