Old 06-20-2010, 08:04 AM
shopella

I was 13 my first ever guild meeting I compleated a top and my mom wanted me to come. they were having a quilt day and the ladys would not let me quilt insted I re threded needles for the older ladies who's sight was poor and helped with coffe and tea. I did impress alot of older ladies that I did not complain and did as I was asked but I did not find out about that untill some time later.I like smaller projects too if you want to impress others with your'e work than it is not the size that matters but the quantity and what you do with them...have you thought about making up a large amount of doll quilts and donating to a childrens hospital? or lap blankets for an elderly home. big qudos around Christmas of course you will need lots of photos to show the ladys.If you are looking for a groop that is more open try finding out there intrests and make a smaller version.. or you could bring a pie! I like the Idea of quilted table runners with every kind of pie quilted on it.who is not welcome with such a feast!(and a zero calorie treat too!)