Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 AM
nursie76

OK, here is the deal. I have a 58 x76 quilt almost ready to sandwich. I need to have it done by Friday, and intend to do SITD or quilting lines just 1/4 in in side the block, kind of outline. Now, I hate to sandwich quilts. I have watched Sharon Schambers do it on a table with boards and have tried this method with the basting spray, with relatively decent results on smaller items. I would have to get about 6 foot long boards for this quilt and that is no problem, but I was wondering...is there a way to sandwich it with basting spray (and a few safety pins for good measure) on my frame? I just got a Juki on a frame, but am not talented enough yet, nor do I have the proper rulers, etc, to do any typeof straight line stitching, and an all over meander or stipple just won't do for the design of this quilt. So, it is so easy to load a quilt on the frame compared to any other way, I was wondering if it could be done. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Need to get this done for my BIL's 70th B-day celebration on Friday night.