View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I am working on organizing a quilt retreat here in southeast Iowa for some weekend in the middle of Sept to the middle of Oct. I don't have the details worked out yet so the time is not decided. I have two differant B & Bs in mind and will have to see where we can get in.

There will be at least one quilt shop to visit and maybe more depending on where we end up.

I would like to see quilters come and bring projects with them to work on and I plan to do some demonstrations. Anyone else who would like to come and do a demonstration or anyone who wants to bring their quilts to share would be more than welcome.

Right now I am looking to see if anyone is interested in coming. We are not a big metropolis but the one I would like to get into is in Bentonsport Iowa and it has a longarm that can be rented and they have sewing machines that can be rented and I have access to some I can borrow if anyone finds it difficult to bring their own. There are several motels close by and this B & B has 9 rooms and is in a historical area with beautiful scenery.

So I guess I am wondering if anyone would make the trip to this little back water for a quilt retreat? Probably a weekend of Fri to Sun I would think.