Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 AM
wordpaintervs

Hi there...
I saw a quilting show the other day, and thought WOW...what a cool idea is that! Since so many have laptops these days, they were showing a very speedy way to make a zippered sleeve for a laptop. I think they called it a laptop skin. At any rate. one could use pre-quilted or self made quilted fabric, or even do a crazy quilt thing of scraps. Lay your laptop on top of the fabric. to 'get the size right' ..allow for seams and a laptop inside. cut two pieces of fabric. Before sewing the sides, put in a zipper for the top. (I suggest a 19 to 22 inch one) Then turn zipper side and fabrics inside out. Unzip the zipper and serge or machine stitch the surrounding sides. Voila...this makes a cool cover to keep the scratches off your laptop when you travel or whatever. If one wanted they could cut a strap for carrying the laptop and make it go around the three sides and long enough for a shoulder carry thing. Perhaps we could consider dark colors or blues for a guy, and perky colors for the ladies would make neat gifts to buy at a sale. They even showed one in which someone used two zippers to open even further the top of the 'sleeve'. Hope this info is helpful. Happy Fathers Day to the dads out there!