View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 07:53 PM
jbsstrawberry

All I can say is that I bet Sam Walton is rolling over in his grave. His way of business has been totally lost in what he had created since his death. Yes, WalMart is nothing more than another business, but it wasn't what Mr. Walton had intended it to be by a long run either. While he was still alive and at the helm, it was a big business sure enough, but it was a big business with a conscious. He cared about his employees and he cared about his customers. That is no longer true. A family member recently ended their employ with a WalMart. Said family member has a family of their own now, and once the probationary temp position time ended and the offer of full time was offered the first thing asked was about benefits. Said family member was handed a pamphlet explaining Medicaid/Public aid as an acceptable health insurance plan. Now, I don't know nor do I profess to know if this is standard procedure, or just the one management person at this particular WalMart's procedure, but how scarey is this really? I'm pretty sure, imho, this isn't the way Mr. Walton intended his "family oriented" business to turn.