Old 06-20-2010, 03:16 PM
quiltilicious

Originally Posted by damaquilts
I have had a friend tell me that she can tell my things because they are so much better made than store bought. Of course we don't shop in Neiman Marcus either.I am very picky about how my things look. Straight seams and especially straight top stitching.
Little side story: my DGD was talking about buying a wedding gown IF she ever decides to marry, (she's 16 right now) She said she would only take her mom to look for a dress because her Grammy wouldn't be satisfied with any of them because none would be good enough and she wouldn't take me because I would look at all the sewing and say how crappy it was. LOL And that is so true . I do that with store stuff.
The one and only time I was in Neiman-Marcus was about 18 or so years ago, and I was checking out a 200 dollar silk blouse (that would be about 500 dollars in today's money). The seams were pinked, raw edges! For that kind of $$$ I expected French seams at a minimum. Their construction isn't any better than anyplace else.

I don't worry that my stuff will every be confused for "commercial" - no company would ever deign to create such labor-intensive pieces. they would go broke very fast.