View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 04:04 PM
JudyG

I am not sure what it is you are wanting to know. Embird is a great program for working with embroidery designs. You can buy only the parts of the program that you know you want to use (for example, if you're not interested in digitizing, you don't have to buy that portion of it). It is very reasonably priced program. If you want to edit embroidery designs, I don't think you can find a program that is easier to use. The only problem I have had is that the Iconizer part of the program (which lets you see your embroidery designs as icons) does not yet work with Windows 7. I believe there is supposed to be a workaround for that, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

When I got my first embroidery machine (a Brother PE 180), I had PE Design on my computer along with Embird and had no problems. I did not use PE Design much as I found Embird much easier to use, so now only have Embird as I did not move PE Design to my new laptop or upgrade it over the years.

One other thing I like about Embird is that you can legally have it on more than one computer. I have it on my laptop which I use in my living room where I work on designs while watching tv with hubby, and I have it on my other laptop which is in my sewing room. All in all, it's a great program.