View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 05:03 AM
LindaR

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Yesterday morning I was cruising the Craigslist ads. And I spied an ad in the items wanted section. It was written by a lady who had moved here from Texas and only brought what they could fit in a U-haul trailer and their mini van.
She asked for the usual items...My husband and I loaded up the back of my truck with a TV, dvd player, vcr , a chair and ottoman. Along with some extra pots and pans and some linens. And toys for their two sons. And she had to leave her machine behind, so I gave her my spare. She told me she was working on a quilt for her son when they had to move. Now she can finish it, I sent along the needles that go with it, a bunch of thread and the feet that fit it (including the walking foot and 1/4 seam foot).
They kept trying to pay us for the stuff, I just simply told them.....
"When we were younger, someone helped us out and we were just paying it forward." And my husband told them, "we have more than enough to spare." And as we were leaving the smiles on their faces were thanks enough.
that would be so heartbreaking to leave things behind....you and DH were their angels that day....she will never forget you