View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Shikadee

I have made about 20 now and have orders for 10 more. The recommended fusable fleece is the "batting". You fuse the fleece to the back of both the outside and lining pieces of the purse and quilt all for pieces separately. Doesn't take much or even any quilting with the fusable fleece but I quilt a little on everything, including the outside pocket because I want it to be a quilted purse. If you use the already quilted store bought fabric it will be much thinner as you won't have a lining but it will work. I also made some with using "deco bond" on the inside pockets only instead of the fusable fleece. I like that too but I buy bolts of the flusable fleece at JoAnns when I can get it for 50% off making it about $3.50/yd. Once you've made the purse, it is soooooo easy. I also cut cardboard (heavy boxes) for the bottom and cover the cardboard with coordinating fabric. I have put zippers in some when requested but that's is not very easy for me. Have fun. Since I made anc carried my first one with flip flop fabric I can't keep up with the demand of my friends, family, and co-corkers.

Sharon