Thread: FYI - Walmart
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 03:21 AM
patricej
Administrator

WELL!!! [she said breathlessly] here is what i found.

i purposely bought a light print. i tested it against a similarly light print from an LQS. light prints are almost always at least a bit transparent no matter how much you spend so i thought that would be a good place to start.

after washer and dryer, i laid "wally" next to a fab i'd bought from an LQS. i was flabbergasted to note that both fabs were identical in transparency and that the wm fab still felt nicer than the shop fab after washing. to be fair, i think the shop fab was printed on a high thread-count muslin, so it could just be the difference in the unprinted materials - both of which are very nice in their own way.

surely, i thought, this must be the product of a hopeful imagination. so i pulled out a second shop fab. i was very careful to select one printed on a material similar to "wally". it was slightly less transparent and ever-so-slightly silkier to the touch.

bottom line? "wally" moves up several notches on the Snooty Scale. :-)

here's the other shocker. "wally" is a David's print. some of you may remember my recent nightmare with dark blue and dark red David's fabs not printed in the US.

so, i am pleased and relieved to report that i will only be avoiding very dark colors from the non-US David's lines from now on. i do not have to abandon them altogether. YIPPEE!!! :-)

wrong sides
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88469[/ATTACH]

right sides
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88470[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-88464.jpe   attachment-88465.jpe