Old 06-22-2010, 05:19 AM
LindaR

Originally Posted by PuffinGin
Recently, I put a new blade in my cutter, after having many "miles" (and a small bad/nicked area) on the old one. In a time crunch to get some written recipes out for a bridal shower, I ended up cutting recipe cards I'd printed on heavy paper stock with my rotary cutter. I know that's a dumb thing to do ... but I did it anyway. I haven't used the cutter for cutting fabric since but I don't doubt that I've dulled it. This got me to wondering how often others change his/her blades and whether you use a sharpener rather than just putting in a new blade. Don't know what a sharpener costs but even then I dislike the discard mentality and like to recycle or prolong use. Is it worth getting a sharpener? Do they do a good job?
I have sent my dull ones into a guy, L.P. Sharpe.com and he either sharpens them or replaces them with brand X which is just as good as I have used them. I don't know if he is still in business but you need at least 5 to send to him I think..I'll google and see if he is still in business