Thread: Ugh! (vent)
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 AM
justwannaquilt

Saturday morning I met my sister and we headed to Joann's to buy some solids for a baby blanket I am making for her to give to a friend. Well we picked out a brown Kona, a natural Kona and a lighter shade of blue Kona. Get to the fabric table they are about two inches short on the natural and about an inch and a half short on the brown. Oh well I can make them work. My sister waited for our fabric while I went to grab some thread and there was a yard that had been precut and put back on the bolt the woman pulled it off folded it up and sent us on our way. I didn't pay any attention to the fabric. I got it all out this morning and started ironing on it. This blue is NOT Kona in no way shape or form could it even be mistaken for Kona. I don't even know if this fabric could be bought at Joann's I have seen some crappy material but honestly this is HORRIBLE!!!

The whole piece looks like it is covered in little hairs and the minute you wash and dry it is going to pill. Then the salvage is all stringy. I think I am going to drive the 30 minutes just to return fabric for the first time in my life! This almost happened to me one other time when I was buying 90" Kona Muslin, someone had rolled a piece of 45" around the 90" bolt and the woman was going to have no problem giving me 45" and charging for 90" (I don't think she likes me but thats ok because feelings are mutual!)

Moral of the story. If you get a piece that is precut and then rolled back around the bolt make sure its the same fabric that you intended to buy.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE my Joann's 99.999% of the time but its stupid stuff and peoples inattention that just irks me really bad!

If you have made it this far thanks! ;) I needed it!
Off to start cutting fabric for ANOTHER quilt!