View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 AM
sueisallaboutquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by hstaples
Thankyou!
i will be taking a trip to Arkansas very soon.
my husaband may not be so pleased as i can spend hrs and hrs in one fabric store i love them.
It's well worth the trip. If you go in on 14, go to the light where you can see a Dollar General up ahead on the right. Turn left at that light and follow that road until you see a Kroger store on your right (it's quite a ways) turn left at the very next light, I believe that's Main St. Go down several blocks and on the left you'll see a big white sign that says Marshalls. Tan metal bldgs. Plan on being there awhile and remember--ANYONE CAN SHOP ON THE WHOLESALE side. If you go to the very left, through the big doors, Marsye says that there are bolts back there that have just a few yards on them if you take the whole thing it's really cheap. Then, across the parking lot there's another bldg with a round red sign on the door. You really have to dig through in there but if you take the whole piece it's only $1 a pound and that's approx 4 yds. When I went we had to take everything out of the back of my Grand Cherokee, lay the fabric out flat then put the suitcases on top of it. I had the whole floor covered about 6" deep and only spent $197. I had somewhere between 230 and 240 yds of fabric.

p.s. They have a row of Husband Chairs right inside the door. He'll have several guys to talk to and commiserate with while waiting.
Raptureready- You did GREAT!! Wow, that must have been fun! :mrgreen: