View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 03:03 AM
vicki reno

The vinegar and water solution worked really well on 20 of the 24 blocks. The other 4 are going to need something else. There is one with pale blue in it that may require replacing the pale blue. It is very discolored with age I guess. I may try more vinegar tonight. Three other blocks have dark brown spots on them, some worse than others, and one block needs sturdier fabric for its center. They are definitely an improvement over what I started with. I think I have enough unbleached muslin for the background fabric. I found 5 yards or so in the closet and washed it and threw it in the dryer this mornng before I left for work. I will press the muslin tonight and figure out if that is enough, so that i don't have to hunt for more at the store. I am pretty sure that it won't be enough so I am hoping to be able to match the color at JoAnn's tonight. I hesitate to start before I know about the muslin because I want all the muslin to be the same shade of beige. So I am looking to find another couple f yards, hopefully that will be about the same color. If not then, I will set this aside and just get enough for the whole thing. I washed them before I even thought to take pictures so just bear with me for another day or so. :-)