View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 09:46 AM
marla

That was a mean thing for him to say to you and you should let him know how bad his remarks hurt your feelings. I would not let hime get away with that. Tell him you love him and if you didn't, his words would not be as hurtful.Then perhaps he will think twice before speaking. You might want to go and pick up the quilt so it doesn't go in the trash. Don't make any more for him.
It is so hard when people criticize. He needs to learn sensitivity.
Originally Posted by taiboo
This is the first time i have EVER finished a quilt (well this is a wall-hanger), but still, This is the first time i EVER machine quilted and the first time EVER i did binding...I made this for my father for Father's day and gave it to him today. I wanted him to be the first person to ever receive one from me

He flat out told me he didn't really like it, it didn't look patriotic enough for him and actually asked why i would make him something like that...He hurt my feelings sooo bad. I didn't bring it home, i left it at his house...but i know he will never hang it. The VERY first thing ever i made and gave as a gift and it was rejected (by my father no less).

I understand that not everyone has the same taste - but really???? I'm just shocked.

Thanks for listening :-(