Thread: FYI - Walmart
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
laurlync

My mother lives near Pineville, LA and they took all the fabric out of the Pineville WM several months ago and replaced it with the precuts.

Texarkana (where I live) has two WM's. The bigger of the two, remodeled and took out the fabric dept. over a year ago and still doesn't have precuts. The one I shop at most still has fabric. However, last week I noticed they had significantly less, so I asked. They will be remodeling in February and will no longer stock fabric. In fact, they will not get any new fabric between now and then. I asked about the precuts and she didn't know if they would have them or not.

I also asked about the Atlanta (Texas) WM which is about 20 - 25 minutes from me (my hometown) and she said they were going to start the Atlanta remodel when they completed this store and would be removing fabric there as well. This is really bad news for people in Atlanta because WM is the only game in town for fabric. And there are a LOT of quilters in the area, many of which are older and on fixed incomes, so I hope they at least get the precuts at that store.

For me, it just won't be as much fun going to WM if there is no fabric to look at and dream of the quilts I could make!