Old 06-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Kas
Ok. I am trying to get my daughter's 1926 Singer 66 ready for her to start her first quilt top. When I did a practice run, the pieces I was sewing together curled up the back of the presser foot. So it is all bunched up. I have tried adjusting the tension, and am still having the same problem. I can pull it straight after taking it out from under the needle, but it just seems to me that it shouldn't be doing this. Any ideas?

And no, this isn't the one I took apart to clean! That one is still all over the place! Lol!
There should be a thumbscrew on top of the machine that the presserfoot bar goes through. Try and to take some tension off of the presserfoot first if that doesnt work then try and to increase the tension.

If that is not working then take some tension out of the bobbin. To do this you will slide the bobbin plate back as far as it will go. Then take a wee little screwdriver and turn the screw a 1/4 turn counter clockwise. The screw you want to play with is the one that is in line with the notch of the bobbin plate. That is what the notch is for letting the screwdriver get a straighter shot at the tension screw.

Only adjust it 1/4 turn at a time. In the perfect world the bobbin and the top tension will be equal to each other.

Billy