View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 11:17 AM
danna738

Originally Posted by Grammieoftwins
Hi Melissa,

I have found wonderfully simple yet beautiful free quilt patterns @ www.quilterscache.com. I am always looking for free patterns and have found many by typing in the search area, "Free Quilt Patterns" You will find many great sites.
I grew up playing under the quilt frames that hung from my grandmother's ceiling and quilts have always had a special place in my heart. I started pieceing seriously about 2 years ago when I took a class on "quilt as you go". WoW! I love this method. If you haven't tried this method, do it. It is simple, fun and fast. You don't have to pay someone else to quilt it for you either. I hope you find the pattern you are looking for.

Grammie of Twins, Beth

Grammie of Twins, I would love to know more about "quilt as you go". I am specifically looking for directions for a log cabin quilt that is made with the backing, batting and strips all sewn and quilted at the same time block by block, and then the blocks are joined. I think the batting is cut just a bit smaller than the backing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!