View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 01:17 PM
lisae

Originally Posted by Celeste
Originally Posted by lisae
I haven't been on the boards lately a lot becuase of my hip replacement. Also, I was recently diagnosed with a high grade DCIS. So I am having a lumpectomy and sentinel node biospy next week, followed by radiation. I seem to be spending a lot of time at seeing doctors lately, which doesn't make me hapy.
Boy, when it rains, it pours! My Mom had radiation therapy a few years ago and now she's back to her young self again.

If you would, we would sure like to kept up in this, we're you're quilting family and will be here for you through the ups and (if you have any), downs.

Is your hip all better now?
Well, I need an umbrella right about now. :roll:

I am doing well with the hip replacement - I am hiking and climbing (on a top rope, so no falls involved) again! The scar is the only thing that really bothers me at this point.

I am glad to here your mom did well with radiation therapy! I don't think it will be too bad; I'll be able to work.

I will keep you guys informed. :) I've been reading the board, but little time to post.

You know, I was thinking that I need to get some hand piecing projects going, so I have something to do while sitting in medical waiting rooms. Perhaps a charm quilt - an apple core maybe. Any suggestions.?