View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 03:12 PM
patricej
Administrator

and you love it.

but ... if you accidentally crossed a line ... wouldn't you still love it? and be proud of how pretty your creation was?

my point isn't to put down anybody who knows all the correct terms and techniques. i envy and admire anybody who can execute any quilting technique with any degree of skill. i haven't tried any kind of freeemotion yet so don't know whether i'll be any good.

i do get upset sometimes when we worry so much about violating rules sent down from on high that we start something new scared to death of breaking them. or worse ... don't try something new because of that fear.

"they" couldn't call themselves experts if we didn't accept "them" as experts. i can't help but wonder how much talent is stifled by fear, self-doubt, and anxiety because we might not do it exactly as "they" say we should.

that's why i like it here so much. i haven't "met" a single quilt snob or member of the quilt police yet. we share what we know ... reluctantly admit what we don't know ... and keep each other laughing as we gather our courage to face the next new challenge.