Thread: Fellow addicts
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 12:45 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by SuziC
I know that most quilters have the "extras" that we must have like thread, needles, fabric in every color and style, rulers, cutters, etc. But what about our machines??? How many of you have more than one machine? I know to sew you can do it on just one, but i have found myself with 5 machines! I don't know how that happened?? It must be magic! I have a new home that i use quite a bit, a janome in a different room and 2 sergers for "other" sewing and i'm waiting for my new singer. Do you think i need a support group??? :shock:
No, you have your support group right here on the board.

I, myself, have almost 20 machines. All but one are vintage machines that I have begun to acquire. Not wanting to let them be wasted and just sit in a corner and collect dust or use them as plant stands, I have purchased various kinds and the total adds up to way less than the used 2004 Embroidery Bernina Artista 200 that I found on craigslist.

My plan is to use as many of them as I can display. Just today I set up a two-machine sewing center in one corner of my dining room. I plan to quilt on one while monitoring the progress of my embroidery machine which sits on top of another vintage machine.

It may sound crazy but it is an activity that my DH and I have been enjoying together. He just finished replicating a cabinet for a treadle we purchased and will begin to replicate another. His workmanship is exquisite.

I never dreamed I would have more than my one 1975 vintage Bernina machine. :-D