Old 06-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by Kas
Originally Posted by purplefiend
"I just saw a black short bed 301 in the 301 table on craigslist and they were asking $300 for the whole thing, but no attatchments or anything. I also saw the same type 301 in a De Luxe Desk model #42 cabinet with no stool, but with some attatchments and the manual for $95 at a local antique store. Is that a good deal?"

If you have room for the cabinet, I'd think that it was the better deal as long as the cabinet is in good condition. You can remove the 301 from the cabinet by pressing down on the lever on the cradle that holds the machine into the cabinet and then its a portable.
Sharon
Thanks, Sharon. Is that a good price, though? I am still trying to talk my hubby into negotiating for me, but he is pretending not to hear what I am saying! Imagine that!
:lol:
That's a good price. Just make sure it has the bobbin case as they can be pricy for an original one.
Ok. I just looked at it again and had them plug it in. It runs! It purred, actually. It said, "Buy me!" but I haven't yet. It comes with a ruffler and other attatchments I couldn't identify, but the manual seemed to cover them. AND A BUTTONHOLER! The case also has a knee lever for the foot pedal. I had never seen one of those before, only the kind that lift the presser foot. And the guy said I could have it for $85. Argh! I want it, but hubby is not on the same page as me. :( I wil keep working on him.