Old 06-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Grandma12

Ok, since I am not on the official list for June...signed up too late...It should not make anyone feel as if they don't have a chance to win.

I wrote a while back about how I started out at over 305 back in March.

Went to see Doctor again yesterday. It was my last time with him, as he will be transferred onto a ship next, so now I get to hunt for new one. Drats, I hate loosing one that really cares.

So, you know the drill, had to be weighed in.
Official scales read 270.8

So now for your sakes to help you see the progress...

10 March 2010...295.8
25 March 2010...287.5
6 April 2010........286.0
9 April 2010........281.8
15 April 2010......280.0
6 May 2010........270.4
Got sick...
18 May 2010......273.2
22 June 2010.....270.8

So you can see, even with the strict diet for diabetes, my weight varies. I do have a problem with fluid retention, so bad that sometimes my legs, toes, hands and fingers resemble sausages.

That only accounts for smaller weight gains and losses however.
Doctors are still pleased with my progress.

It does help when I journal my foods, and activities, mood and schedule, plus blood sugar levels.

I have been in so much pain these last few weeks, have been staying mostly in my room, in bed.

Not feeling so cheerful either.
Suffering from heat, humidity, confinement, loss of my dog (who died from cancer this last week) and the fact that I have not had the strength to do any quilting..no hand work, no machine work, and eyes will not even focus to read a book on new techniques.

Tomorrow, my best friend, Patti, will be taking me to the morning guild meeting. I am hoping that helps to lift my spirits.
I have several of my emptied test strip containers that I will be taking to the meeting.

I have taken the Rx label off, and removed the adhesive.
They are water tight, air tight, and when I put a bit of felt into the bottom, they become a wonderful needle safe.

If I could afford to ship them, I would let you ladies have a say at taking them. I use at least 1-2 of them per month.

They could be either customized by using small piece of nice wrapping paper and some tape, or fabric glued right to outside edge, where the Rx label used to be.

Then, if you put a small stuffed yo-yo on top with a hot glue gun, you could also use as a small pin cushion.

Only way I can send you one, however, is if you are willing to pay shipping. PM me if you are interested. I would even customize it for you if you want.

Hoping you are all up to the challenge of becoming this month's big looser.

I will not be too late to enter for July.

Hugs,
Grandma12