View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Vanuatu Jill

I subscribe to Quiltmaker (I think my fav), McCalls Quilting, Fonz & Porter's Love of Quilting, Quilters Home (I DO miss Mark Lapiniski!), Quilter's World, and just let Quilter's Newsletter expire after a few years. I also have had in the past, subscriptions to Quick Quilts, Australian Patchwork and Quilting, and have purchased the odd issue at various stores (Now I know why they put magazines at the check out counter-so you buy while waiting!). I also buy one-off quilting books when on-sale, and have about 50 of those! I have every magazine and book and still pour over them now and then. Sure there are lots of ads, but each magazine contains things I like-I love the articles in Quilters Home (not so much the patterns!), the patterns and instructions and quilting motifs provided in Quiltmaker (as well as alternative fabric choices for several patterns), the little hints and tutorials in Fonz & Porter's (though it is heavy on ads for their own products, I don't mind), basically, I get something from each of them. I must be nuts, but I just can't get enough nor can I bear to part with them!