View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 04:04 AM
hdqltr

Cathe, I live in Menomonee Falls, WI, just NW of Milwaukee. I just joined this board today, and saw your message about your yard sale of fabric stash from your friend. First of all, my sincere sympathies on your loss of a friend and sewing buddy -- that must be very difficult for you.

I am unable to get to Burlington today, as I have a wedding, but if you have items left following your yard sale perhaps you would like to donate them to a Guild for its service project. I am the President of Menomonee Falls Quilters and a member of Tosa Quilters (Wauwatosa WI). Both guilds make dozens of quilts each year for local hospitals for at risk babies or children of abuse -- the quilts are hugs from use to help children through difficult times. Several of the local hospitals accept quilts and preemie t-shires (made from flannel that open easily at the shoulders to make room for IV cords and monitors) from these guilds. Our biggest "user" is St. Mary's Hospital in Milwaukee.

If you'd like to donate any "left-overs" from your sale, I would be happy to come to pick them up next weekend (6/28 or 6/29) on behalf of these guilds. Both groups would be very grateful. If you wish, contact me at [email protected].