Thread: Avon anyone??
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 07:41 PM
mzsooz

Originally Posted by sewcrazygirl
How much is the discount?
It is very hard to make money with Avon. I was President's Club which means you have to sell over $10,000 in a year. I sold $15,000 two years in a row. And I made almost nothing :( I had two teenage daughters at the time and so a lot of my profits went to buying them avon. But also they have it figured that you have pay a lot for your supplies. The brochures alone are horribly expensive. Then there are the bags, samples, shipping, demos, it goes on and on. I'm trying to talk my daughter out of selling it again. She tried it once and I had to bail her out financially because of it.

The discounts are deceiving. The first few campaigns you get 50% but after that it depends on how much your order is. And if you order under $50 you don't get any discount.

The people that make money in it are the ones that started long ago and are in leadership. They say it isn't but it is a pyramid type business.

Having said all this... I LOVED selling Avon. I got to meet so many people, I love their products and everytime an order came in it was like Christmas. I got to spend other people's money but I got to at least touch the stuff when it came in and I had to bag it! LOL satisfied my compulsive shopping urge! :-D