View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Andy323

YEP...I turned out a quilt top for a baby last night...my favorite pattern for little ones. For one thing, I let the family "decorate the nursery", and I make Floor Quilts. You know, the kind that you throw down for a clean spot to lay the tot on...that way, I get to choose something that I think will be found interesting to a newborn/toddler. The top finishes just under 45", and it allows me to put all of those interesting fabrics that are supposed to be good for infants...black and whites, geometrics...the pattern is called Olivia's Wallhanging and can be found on the Connecting Threads site. This is my go to pattern, all babies get one! And if stitched out of quality fabrics will hold up to lots of washings, as I want to make a quilt that will get used, and still be small enough for a toddler to tote around once they get mobile! I love this pattern!!!! (I do use the technique for hourglass units instead of the triangles for the star point patches. (All square subunits are 4 1/2 unfinished)