Old 06-24-2010, 06:09 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
No wonder -- all those blueberries you had I can understand why the pie didn't get in first place! haha.

:-D :-D

Oh, my hubby does like his blueberries, big time! Just made a simple strawberry jello with our garden fresh strawberries.

They are continuous bearing so we have them through most of the summer. :lol:

Oh, WOW, Linda!! Yum. I sure miss the strawberry patch we always had. Guess I'll have to get busy with all those seeds I've collected and love to look at but it's no good still in the pkg.!! Are the cont. bearing strawberries Ozarks? Last year I planted upside down tomatoes -- couldn't wait! Finally, in November, I had 2 on the stalk!! haha. And they grew upright in the upside down planter. Actually they were placed upside down coming out of the hole of the bottom of the planter but the sun drew them back upright!! I was one of the lucky ones who had tomatoes because there was blight everywhere else. My two tomatoes froze but it was fun watching it grow. lol. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sorry, we don't know the name of them. When we were looking at this farm to purchase the Mrs. of the home left a large bowl of them on the center counter for us to enjoy. And, we have been enjoying them ever since. The patch is about 12 x 12 solid strawberries. My DH has red knees when he gets up from picking. The aroma of them is out of this world when you stand next to them.

Sounds like you had quite a time with your tomatoes last year. Maybe I will take a pic of our berry dessert when company comes in a few minutes and then post it.[/quote]

That sounds great! We would love a pic!!

I can imagine the aroma. I was sitting by my geraniums tonight and the aroma is out of this world!