View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Roben

Originally Posted by newquiltertoni
I think this situation is about like politics, and religion, no matter what, you are going to step on someones toes by saying certain things.You either like wal-mart or you don't but you shouldn't put it down to the ones who do like it.
newqultertoni, I'm confused. Did it sound as if I were putting down people who like Wal-Mart, or should I not say negative things about Wal-Mart around people who like Wal-Mart?

Just asking for clarification; we had something similar come up at home recently, when DD was shocked that we didn't boycott KFC and we didn't have a clue what she was talking about until she showed us some websites with the information she based her decision on. (Personally, I was impressed that a 20 year old felt passionate about ethical treatment of animals, but then again she's always been opinionated on what she considers right and wrong :wink: ) We were in the dark about the whole thing until she showed us; I am thankful that she did. I can make an informed decision if I have information. I know that was the spirit behind my post, and I'll go out on a limb and say that was the spirit behind the other posts as well.