View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Janeen
Banned

I got some "joanns' fabric at Hancock's... says on the selvedge "...exclusively for Jo-Ann's...."
so who knows...

As far as people getting all honked off because somebody or other doesn't like Walmart - I don't get it unless they own stock in the company! :shock:
Believe me, Wal-mart doesn't depend on whether any of us defends them or not.

I really don't care one way or another if 'somebody' does or does not like walmart - walmart has run business after business OUT of business..

they did away with the competition in all kinds of areas and now they are dropping some of those areas - fabric is a perfect example....
There are no other places to shop in our county - there are two Walmarts - the closest is 15 miles from here... every time we go in there they've gotten rid of one thing or another and replaced it with even cheaper made junk and forget about a 'choice' in a lot of things...
there are fewer and fewer brands and fewer and fewer varieties..
They are catering to the LOWEST common denominator...
example, we can't get French Roast coffee of ANY brand in either one of the local stores - that's a ninety mile trip.....

Just remember, you get what you pay for - if the particular item is something that you know you aren't going to want to keep and quality doesn't really matter, then by all means get it at walmart....

if it's something that's a MAJOR purchase like an LCD screen tv, you might want to check around - yes, Walmart is 'cheaper' but is it a wise purchase?

If you work for walmart and want to defend them and get mad because some of us don't like their policies - be my guest....
I shop there because I have to - they had already run everybody else out buy the time we moved to the area....