View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 06:26 AM
mms61371

My daughter saved this baby when she was 5 weeks old. She went with her boyfriend one night to a bonfire with his friends. It was very cold and they were throwing and kicking this kitten around. They all wanted to throw her in the bonfire because they didn't want her around. My daughter grabbed her and put the kitten in her jacket. She told her boyfriend to take her home, when she got here she was in tears and so upset. We took Guppie cleaned her up and fed her. I worked at a vet's office at the time, so I brought her to work to get checked out. We noticed that one of her legs had been broken, probably when she was about 3 weeks old. It was already healing and to rebreak it and surgically repair it would have been extremely painful for the poor little thing. So we chose to leave it alone. My husband did not want to have another cat (we already have 2), but that was 2 years ago and I can't imagine my life without her in it.

This is 2 weeks after we saved her.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87632[/ATTACH]

Guppie's first Christmas
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87633[/ATTACH]

This is her now. She loves to shred the newspaper.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87634[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87627.jpe   attachment-87628.jpe   attachment-87629.jpe