View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:57 AM
newquiltertoni

I was not mad at anyone. I was just making my rant like everyone else. I just think peoples mind are poisoned by the media on certain issues. Every major purchase I have made has been at walmart and it all holds up just as well as everyone elses. I think that is just luck of the draw there. I have a big tv that was bought there that has outlasted everyone elses, I even passed it down to my stepdad.
It wasn't walmart that is putting out the small town businesses it was the people who chose walmart over the small shops. And that is not the peoples fault it is the fact of life of trying to stretch your dollar. Trust me the prices at walmart aren't staying the same either with the economy. I hear the complaints every day over the prices we can't control. But more and more people are shopping walmart because with prices they are the lesser of the two evils.
Don't want anyone to think I was mad it just seems like every week there is another gripe about walmart. I am sure they arent' the only thing that gripes the world. I just work 8 or 9 hours a day and come here to get free from the complaints from customers and enjoy myself but then feel compelled to defend what gives me my paycheck. Every one has their opinions and that is fine but sometimes it is better to keep them to ourselves just to make the environment more enjoyable.
Maybe if one of wins the lottery we can open a fabric shop in all over hometowns and wouldn't have to worry about the competition because walmart doesn't handle fabric.....maybe we could become big like them....lol