View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 10:41 AM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

I'm baby sitting a co-worker's little boy. I've been sitting for him off and on since he was about 6 months old.
He has a small 'blankie' that he carries with him sleeps with etc. It's his security blanket. Only about 14 inches over all. His mom told me they are trying to get him to trade it in, but haven't found anything else he likes.

SOOOO. Today after he got here we were outside and he had his 'blankie' and ended up stepping on it making it dirty. When we came inside we went to my sewing room where I had some flannel and silky fabric that matched the cream/tan colors of the one he had. I made a 'blankie' for him even with his name on it but he didn't seem thrilled with that one.

So I pulled out some flannel with monkeys on it that was blue/yellow/brown. I handed him the fabric and he liked the monkeys.
He then took it and put in on my cutting table. I cut it to size.

He then took me by my hand to where my sewing machine is at the moment and motioned for me to sit down. I sewed it into another simple square, stitched edging on it. I gave if to him and he is now napping with it!!! The other dirty one is hiding and he hasn't looked for it.

He took me to the sewing room another time today and motioned for me to sit at my regular sewing chair, but after looking around he couldn't decide what he wanted me to make next. :lol: :lol:

Maybe we have success.