View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 06:08 PM
sallyjo

I am part of a small quilting group at my church. Basically it exists of me, my 15 year old daughter and another lady. We've invited and invited and the only time we had a packed house was the time we asked for cutters. We asked for people with scissors to help us cut out the squares for the next project. Today, I was chatting with the other "quilter" discussing when we would get together again and what the next step should be when another lady stepped up and stated that she had a couple of quilts that she had talked to me about repairing for her and she hadn't got around to bringing them. I looked at the other quilter and just blurted out that maybe it was time to plan a quilting "clinic". The other quilting lady stepped back a bit and said that it may not be a bad idea. We discussed sharing sewing and quilting basics, maybe have a quilting repair workshop and of course opening it up to the public.

Now I know we have seasoned vets here as well as newbies. If you're a vet and have done something like this and could share the experience and maybe what you would have done differently, I would really appreciate it. If your a newbie and wouldn't mind sharing what you would like to see in a situation like this, that too would be much appreciated. Don't mind hearing from those in the middle either, like myself;)

Sally