Old 06-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Rural City Girl

I guess I am an equal opportunity shopper. I love going to our LQS's, in fact, was in one this afternoon. Left a bit of money there. Everyone is really helpful and friendly. They are always busy, but still try to take time out to help you. If you are ever in Coeur d'Alene, ID, be sure to
go to the Bear Paw Quilt store.

There are also several in my area, and are always busy, and staff is generally very helpful. Sometimes they just get too busy.

I seem to always buy my notions at Joanns, very little fabric. Today I took advantage of great sale items on-line, with free shipping (after $50.00). But I was in our local Joanns on Tuesday. Generally they are very helpful, but are a bit short staffed. Not their fault.

I also do a lot of shopping on-line. If the LQS don't restock with new fabric on a regular basis, I get tired of looking at the same stuff. I also like to shop when they aren't open so I take advantage of on-line shopping and consistently get it cheaper, same quality. I don't feel it is my responsibility to keep them in business, but I do enjoy going there. It is their responsibility to make it a pleasurable experience, just like any other place I shop or go out to eat.