Old 06-25-2010, 08:08 PM
wvdek

Originally Posted by Teresa 54
did you say hello to them? did you ask for help? I really feel like it goes both ways.
I personally greet each potential customer walking in the door but most shops don't do that.
Wow, do I ever disagree with you on this. It is up to the folks working in a business to offer the best customer service possible, even if it is the last day they are open. I alway's taught my people to greet or acknowledge everyone who came in the front door within the first 30 seconds with either a nod and a smile or a "Hello, I'll be with you shortly. Please feel free to look around".
If I am the customer and I have to look for or say the first words to a clerk (only acception is if their is an emergency going on or I see they are dealing with a rather rude customer) I walk out. Customer service will keep em coming back again and again even if they don't shop. Word of mouth gets around too.
My LQS is run by a gentleman and every customer is greeted accordingly. His business is booming. His classes have waiting lists. People go in to just say, "Hi".
Customer service is a number one prioroty IMHO.