View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 03:26 AM
Rainy Day

Originally Posted by aussiequilter
OMG,I have never even countenanced selling my quilts or donating them to any organisation. Anything that I finish has taken soooo long and is such a magnus opus (to me, that is) that no money would buy it nor donation worth it.

The only quilt I have ever given away was to my mother and I figure that's a bit different. But even that was touch and go: she was 85 when she got it. However, that was a couple of years ago and she still has it in pride of place in her home.

What I can safely predict is that all my quilts will probably finish up as horse blankets, later on, when our only Little Darling (who has zip interest in quilting) inherits them all. Must see what I can do about that. When I'm 85 some charity store might get lucky.
Aussie, please find someone who cares to leave them to - your work is too beautiful for horse blankets.
I recently framed an embroidery that my great GM made for a present for a niece (it was done by her GGGM) as a wedding present. She was underwhelmed by it, and let me know this, but I hope that her daughters are a little better!
It does hang in their bedroom, so there is some hope . . . .