View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 05:32 AM
thismomquilts

I have convertd one more friend into a quilting addict!! She began the whole process scared to death of a sewing machine. She was completely intimidated by a bolt of fabric - this is NO joke... I gave her some fabric from my stash for her first project because she was so nervous to go to the store! When she wanted to go and purchase 24 fat quarters for a Turning Twenty we had to go to two different stores, use some more of my stash and she STILL hasn't touched them (that was two or three years ago!). HOWEVER, in January we both 'resolved' to finish projects. Her first ever table runner was completed on Tuesday!! She did alot of the piecing by hand, but switched to the machine I finally talked her into buying (cheapy, but do-able!). She called me on Wednesday and wanted to go RIGHT THEN to JoAnns because she was so excited to begin the next project!! ;) We went yesterday - she chose ALL of her own fabric and actually bought some fat quarters to 'begin her own stash'!!! Yep - I think she's on her way!!! :)