Old 06-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Mary Bird

Okay, I know, I'm gonna get on my soap box. If we don't shop the LQS, it won't be there when the economy recovers and we're ready, willing and able to spend more $$. I work at a semi-local quilt shop (40 min drive each way) because I want them to succeed! I shopped there before I worked there because it's the right thing to do. Small businesses are the life blood of this country and without them, we'll all be making quilts with fabrics from Wal-Marts and JoAnn's! Nothing wrong with shopping around, but please, please, please, support your LQS! A note to LQS: greet every customer as if you're genuinely glad to see them; remember names; ask questions other than "What can I do for you today?" Our LQS even has coffee, tea & cookies waiting! Ladies can sew in the classroom for free all day any day. Classes are reasonably priced. They use local teachers, but also have nationally recognized experts (Judy Martin, Carol Doak). So, do yourself a favor, quilters, and shop locally - it'll help the tax base and keep a small business around for the long haul.