View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 09:30 AM
fabric_fancy

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
I have been reading a lot about this on the home quilting system yahoo group and it seems that it costs about 18-1900 and Rick is the one that everyone turns to to get it done. There is a waiting list that seems to be be several months long. I also seems that you can sign up on the list and if you change you mind just remove your self from "the list". I have not read one bad comment about getting either machine, a Juki or a Brother stretched. Everyone that I have read that has had it done loves it and wouldn't change it for the world.

They seem to all have anm 18 inch maching, and Rick will move the needle position button and the thread cutter button to the nose of the machine! The only down side for those that already have a frame for their machine is after the machine is stretched it no longer fits the frame.

I think I might take my mom up on the offer to help her out at her business to make a little money just so I can get my machine stretched.
some frames do not need to be replaced - if your frame can take an 18 inch machine you can still use it.

the grace pinnacle is designed for an 18 inch throat machine.