Old 06-26-2010, 01:59 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

I love my local quilt stores; Quilted Squares managed by Tammy Jones in Kirksville, Mo., who always treats me right and lets me know about any sale coming up...like the one week after the fourth of July when everything in the store will be 40% off. At sidewalk sales, I get 75% off. She alsways says Hello when I open her door.

The neat little shop in Unionville, Mo., Stitch n tyme, is run by a neighor and daughter. Very friendly folks, and I buy when I can, quilt things using material from their store and take the items in for display in their store to encourge more folks to buy that product from them.

When we travel and I spot a quilt store or find them by using the Quilters' Travel Companion, or get recommendations from area people, I seem to find friendly, helpful shop owners/salespersons. And, yes, I do shop on internet a lot. I get regular email from Cabbage Rose in Ft.Worth, Tx., Equilters.com, Fabric Shack in Waynesville, OH., and others like Fabric Warehouse. Its the Land of Opportunity, the best of the best survive by competiting for every dollar spent by the customer...supply and demand.

Shop owners can create the demand with special sales, friendly service, and the right attitude. It is an "attitude" adjustment some need to make, perhaps, to stay in business sometimes.