View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:26 AM
user3587

I too love paper piecing. I have several of Carol Doak's books. I posted awhile back that I was going to do a paper pieced pattern by Judy Niemeyer. Well I purchased the fabric on Sat. The ladies who own a quilt shop in Midwest City, Ok are terrific. I had to have a total of 16 different fabrics. They helped me select 16 different batik fabrics. I can't wait to get started. It takes a day or two to get the paper patterns cut and sorted in the right bags. Judy is very precise. If you take one step at a time and do exacting what she says, I see very little problems. Of course I'm sure I will find 2 or 3 (I know me). I have to have this finished before I pass on to the other side (hopefully from old old age). I told my DH I wanted this quilt draped in my coffin. This is all in fun so please don't anyone take this too seriously. I was told this is one paper piece project that you do a block or two at a time. Now if I could just get my working, paying job to give me more time off------fading out -------- back to realitity. Lunch break is over, got to get back to work.