Old 06-26-2010, 04:52 PM
jacqstash

Hi,

I have 4 LQSs in my area and one of them is my "HOME away from HOME". I am there very often (sometimes more than once a week) and usually always get some fabric and/or notions. I take many classes/get-togethers there too - not just to learn but also to enjoy the social aspects of quilting. They are super friendly to their regular customers as well as any new quilters that come into their shop. I've heard the owner introduce herself, welcome them to the shop, ask if they need help, ask where they are from ,etc - all to make them feel welcomed - and from the replies I've heard from the newbies, they love the service and friendliness. Hope they NEVER go out of business! I also frequent a second shop for the same friendliness and helpfulness. The other 2 I frequent when I am looking for something specific and can't find it in the 2 favorite shops. Then it's buying online. Only bought fabric at Walmart or Jo-Ann's when I was a real newbie and didn't know about quilt shops and that they have a much better grade of fabric. Going broke but well worth it!