Thread: Pricing quilts?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 08:36 AM
k_jupiter

Originally Posted by rebeerose
My Sister-in-law and I make and sell quilts here in the Southwestern New York State ( 2hrs south of Buffalo). We have found that you need to talk to find out how quilts will sell in your area and what the people are willing to pay. Here, we sell for a baby quilt (40"x40") for $145. And King size (110"x110") we sell for $400. That is for tied quilts. If they were machine quilted we coulod charge $150 more for each. Lap quilts (5'x5') is $165, twin sell for $200, and Queen is $300. Check with quilt shop owners in your area are your local chamber of commerce. They should give you some idea of what to sell your quilts for. One quilt shop owner here told me that add your cost of all the material, and then add on $10/ hr for your labor and time. that should equal the price of your quilt. But it does depend on your area where you are living and the cost of living in that area. Hope this helps you! Beckie
This is good information. I sat down with a calculator...

Based upon the speed (or lack of) that I quilt... That 250,000 dollars is way too low a price for my quilt. Sorry.

tim in san jose