Old 06-27-2010, 06:30 AM
laura59

Okay, I did it again. Lol. Yesterday, we went to a car show. They had a nice flea market with it. The ladies and I had to check out the flea market and guess what followed me home? A Singer, #AL476361. Audrey said that pretty soon Bob will stop taking me along to car shows. This is the 2nd machine I've picked up at a car show. It is not in a cabinet, just the head. When I asked the guy how much it was, he said $50. Whoaaaaa!!! I turned around and started to walk away, then he said, $10. It nicely followed me back to the car. It came with a book and some attachements. The book says 15-125, but, when I look at the machine, the model number is in the wrong place. Could someone tell me what model this is and what year it was made? Also, where can I lookup Singers to find out for myself what year a machine was made and what model it is for future reference? I love this group. I am now totally addicted to collecting vintage machines. If I'm lucky, I might get dh to go back to an antique shop. I saw a white treadle for $75. The cabinet was in good shape, not sure about the machine yet, that's why I want to go back.