Old 06-27-2010, 07:28 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
Hey Billy...question for you! How do we tell what the different "number tags" are for different models of machines? "66-16" for example...how do we determine the "16"?
Good question Charlee and I have not the answer to it.

I know that the sub models came around as the improvements did to the certain model ie; 66-1 is the backclamp, 66-2 sideclamp (early), 66-3 was the hand crank, and the list goes on. It was Singers way of keeping up with what the engineers had done to improve the model.

Some of the improvements were very noticeable then some were internal and you can not tell only if you ripped into the machine.Chrys Gunther is the only person I know that has all of the records from Singer to be able to tell whats what including the industrial models.

That lady has almost all of the records that Singer lost and tons of inner office memos from the engineering department and all the way up to Issac Singer himself. When I say she is the leading expert I mean she is the leading expert!! Its bad when the company has to call her to find out something about themselves! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy